Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

My breastfeeding Journey with Zaynab

Salaam and good morning friends.. I would like to share my breastfeeding journey with my 2nd daughter started in July 2002. She was born healthy and cute. She did latch well and feed well. After 3 days gave birth, my husband was relocated by his company to Khartoum, Sudan. Some challenges started few weeks later. Zaynab had a problem with colic, esp at night every day. When it happened, She did not latch well and cried for a long time. Solution that i took was to do baby massage. She had baby massage 2 times a day. Besides that, burping after each feeding was a must and doa. She was more comfortable sleeping on her tummy (pls make sure your baby sleep on flat surface with no pillow around her/him and able to lift and turn his/her head themselves). Whenever it happened, the positon that she wanted was only on upright position with her head on my shoulder until the pain was over.

When she was 2 months old, we moved together to Sudan. Zaynab was fully breastfed. She was coping well with the new environment, had never fall sick when she was under 6 months (thanks to breastmilk). Unfortunately Khadeejah who was already 2 years and 11 months admitted to hospital with acute bronchitis during the earlier period of our stay in Khartoum. Zaynab was successfully breastfed for 2 years. I got pregnant again with Saudah when Zaynab was 1 year 7 months. I experienced breast tenderness (pain on the nipples during breastfeeding) during pregnancy.

InsyaAllah i will continue my writing about my experience with my other children Saudah, Abdullah and Safiyyah. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment