Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

My breastfeeding Journey with 1st baby Khadeejah

I would like to share my little story about my experinces with my 5 children. I started my journey 12 years ago in year 2000 when i delivered my khadeejah while doing my housemanship in PPUM. I didnt know much about breastfeeding. Once i saw khadeejah after given by the doc, i put her on my breast, i decided not to give her other than breastmilk. It was a magical feeling that is very diff to be described. After 2 months i started my work again with mix feeling. i used the medela breastpump in the hosp to breastpump my milk and i rented the same from medela the same pump to carry home. my husband took no pay leave for 1 year to look after khadeejah while doing his MBA. He took khadeejah to see me 4 times in a day (i did alternate day on call) in the hospital for direct breastfeeding and take home few bottles of milk. Not to tell with a serries of nipple confusion.There were few occasions that i could not express out even a single drop of milk at night while working at hosp due to lack of sleep, heavy workload and tiredness. i called my husband and ask him to send khadeejah to my sister in law for breastmilk so that some left bottles at home can be reserved to be used in the morning. Alhamdulillah that khadeejah got max feeding from me and my sister in law. She was fully breastfed for 6 months and continue feeding for 1 year 1 month when i got pregnant again with my 2nd baby zaynab where khadeejah refused my breast after some effort given.

No comments:

Post a Comment